This is a great recipe for everyone who loves vegetable soups. Light, flavorful and on the sweet side thanks to pumpkin and raspberries. Make this borscht for lunch and you will not be disappointed. Make it a cream borscht and give it a new twist!
Peel you beetroot and pumpkin. Cut cabbage, pumpkin and beetroot into thin strips and place your vegetables into a pot. Squeeze lemon juice, add 2 tablespoons of water and veggies for 5 minutes. Cool them down.
Blend cottage cheese in a blender and mix with water in a pot. Add stewed vegetables, sour cream and salt to taste. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
You will need
- Water – 6 cups
- Beetroot – 6 oz
- Fresh green cabbage – 8 oz
- Pumpkin – 8 oz
- Cottage cheese – 8 oz
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- You can use beetroot vinegar instead of lemon juice (you will need 1 tablespoon).
- You can use cranberry juice (2 tablespoons) instead of lemon juice or beetroot vinegar.
- If you are using cranberry juice for this borscht, you can also add 1/2 cup of raspberries. In this case you can omit cabbage and use twice as much pumpkin.
- You can use chopped parsley if you don’t have cilantro.